forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject overrides of forrest:properties/forrest:propery in contracts
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:28:19 GMT
Hello all,

In

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.themes.core/themes/common/panels/
common-fo.panel.xml

(and elsewhere) there are several contracts with properties like:

   <forrest:contract name="page-footer-copyright">
     <forrest:property name="copyright">
<!-- The following are used to construct a copyright statement as
follows :
                          <url>
         ie. Copyright c 2002 ACME
	      http://ACME.org
	inception year option let you create a copyright with a range of date
automaticalculated :
	2002-2007
        -->
       <year inception='true'>2002</year>
       <vendor>ACME</vendor>
       <url>http://ACME.org</url>
       <msg>Tous droits réservés.</msg>
       <symbol></symbol>
       <property></property>
     </forrest:property>
   </forrest:contract>

Now, I would like to override this, and I thought I could just put in
the following in my forrest.properties.xml file:

   <forrest:property name="copyright">
     <year inception='true'>2004</year>
     <vendor>Divvun</vendor>
     <url>http://Divvun.no</url>
     <msg>Atterhald om alle rettar.</msg>
     <symbol>©</symbol>
     <property></property>
   </forrest:property>

But that didn't work, the one in the panel came through. What am I
doing wrong?

I could not find any relevant info on the forrest site or in the mail
archives.

Best regards,
Sjur