forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: $rootFontFamily (was: PDF plugin update)
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 06:43:03 GMT
Den 16. sep. 2008 kl. 09.28 skrev Sjur Moshagen:

> Den 5. sep. 2008 kl. 20.35 skrev Thorsten Scherler:
>
>>> There are still two issues:
>>>
>>> $rootFontFamily - I have found no counterpart to this in the
>>> dispatcher. The variable is used on the fo:root element, and sets  
>>> the
>>> default font family for the whole pdf document
>>>
>>> $versionFontFamily - the version info found in the skins are not
>>> available in dispatcher as far as I could see. Perhaps this needs a
>>> new template/contract?
>>
>> I need to review their usage in skins and will then see how we can  
>> add
>> them to the dispatcher.
>
> With the update to fop 0.95, the font family specification is  
> working as planned (for me, at least, more testing needed). *Except*  
> the two above in dispatcher :)
>
> $rootFontFamily is really problematic,

The lack of support for it, that is.

> because without it the body text will be left unchanged and  
> untouched by the customisation. This means e.g. that in my texts, I  
> now get the headings with proper characters/glyphs, whereas the body  
> text is interspersed with #'s.
>
> It would be great if somebody could give me a hint on where fo:root  
> is specified within the dispatcher pdf processing - it is definitely  
> specified somewhere, since the final *.fo document is correct, and  
> renders otherwise nicely into pdf.

By grepping after fo:root in whiteboard/plugins, I get the following  
hits:

org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/resources/stylesheets/ 
common/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl
org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/resources/stylesheets/fo/ 
strip-dispatcher-remains.xsl
rtf-output/src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples/minimal.fo

The first dispatcher hit (document2fo.xsl) does not seem to be used  
AFAICT, the second is, well, the name is quite describing.

...

Hm, sorry, I got fooled by the filename of the second dispatcher  
match. strip-dispatcher-remains.xsl actually adds fo:root and some  
other things:)

I'll try to add $rootFontFamily to it.

Best regards,
Sjur


Mime
View raw message