forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Pablo Barrera <>
Subject Re: Using dispatcher contracts with a not html output
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:36:53 GMT

On 22/09/2008, at 10:19:40, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 08:52 +0100, Pablo Barrera wrote:
>> On 20/09/2008, at 0:34:26, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> You want the link contract that you described above to be included
>>> in a
>>> tei document? Is the above link html specific, or could you directly
>>> reuse it?
>> I want to have the option to create this "references" section in any
>> kind of output document, mainly html, pdf and tei.
> Each output format has his specific markup, meaning one has to
> implement
> this reference in each one of them.
> Maybe it makes sense to split the code of extracting the reference and
> then adding format specific markup. The part of extracting the
> reference
> seems to go best into the core to reuse it globally.

Maybe it should be useful to add the links to the internal format. I
just use a unsorted list and the link tag. I think this way should be
simpler but it wasn't clear for me how to do it. Changing the output
for a particular format looks easier to implement (but harder to reuse).

>>> Please (if possible) implement the functionality in a seperate xsl
>>> that
>>> you then include in the doc-2-tei. This way it will be easy to use
>>> it as
>>> well in a tei contract if you decide to enable the dispatcher in
>>> tei.
>> So, if I have understand it correctly, we'll have the functionality
>> in
>> two different places, won't we?
> Yes in skins and dispatcher, but reusing the same stylesheet.
>> I will try to get the dispatcher
>> working looking to the files you suggested.
> I personally have never worked with tei and I am not sure whether the
> dispatcher makes sense for tei. Maybe Ross can comment on this.
> salu2

Pablo Barrera

View raw message