forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: FOPNGSerializer and user-configurable fonts - fonts not found
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:34:40 GMT
Den 9. sep. 2008 kl. 14.07 skrev Sjur Moshagen:

> Den 9. sep. 2008 kl. 13.23 skrev Jeremias Maerki:
>

>> I would strongly suggest to upgrade to FOP 0.95 soon. There have
>> been a
>> large number of improvements in font handling and auto-detection
>> after
>> the 0.94 release. It also goes the remaining way to make XML font
>> metrics files really obsolete. This is be a matter of replacing the
>> JAR
>> file for FOP and XML Graphics Commons. I've done that locally. I can
>> commit the changes if everyone's ok with it.
>
> +1

After I updated my local svn copy of Forrest to the latest and
greatest (incl. fop 0.95), it now works without problems, at least
after a first round of testing. And it all works without any need for
the xml font metric files, just as Jeremias wrote above. This is a
great improvement!

>> I've been able to create a PDF with FOP 0.95 and customized fonts but
>> only if I hardcode the config file to this:
>> <user-config>src/documentation/fop-config.xml</user-config>
>>
>> With the entity, I didn't manage. So maybe the above problem is not a
>> wrong config file format but maybe the somewith with those entity
>> files.
>
> The entity seems to work fine for me. If I change the config file
> ref to some non-existing file/path, I get back an error that the
> config file could not be found.
>
> I would like to have a look at the entity thing as soon as FOP 0.95
> is available.

To me, there is no difference between entity and hard-coded file
reference. This is on MacOS X 10.5.x (java 1.5).

Feedback from other systems would be welcome - try add your own fop-
config file, reference it using an entity, and specify some custom pdf
fonts in forrest.properties.xml. See the svn pdf plugin documentation,
and links in the beginning of this thread for the details.

Best regards,
Sjur