forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Pablo Barrera <barr...@gsyc.es>
Subject Re: Dispatcher cache deactivation not working
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:30:13 GMT

On 16/09/2008, at 12:21:09, Ross Gardler wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 11:22 +0100, Pablo Barrera wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I am trying to modify an structurer but every time I make a change
>>> I  have to reboot forrest, otherwise I don't see the new changes.
>>> Looking  around I have read I should turn off the cache adding:
>>>
>>> <property name="dispatcher.caching" value="off" />
>>>
>>> to my forrest.properties.xml file. But the cache seems to be
>>> still  working. As a test, I removed this part from my pelt-
>>> html.content.panel.xml file:
>>>     <forrest:hook name="export-link">
>>>       <forrest:contract name="content-pdf-link"/>
>>>     </forrest:hook>
>>>
>>> But the "export to pdf" icon does not disappears. I have to
>>> reboot  forrest to obtain the desired result.
>>>
>>> I am sure I'm missing something but I can imagine what.
>>>
>> Hmm, I experienced something similar but ATM I have no time to debug
>> it. Where is this structurer stored, in your project dir or in a
>> plugin?
>
> Please check your logs, search for "cache", they will tell you if
> the values returned are coming from the cache. If you don't find
> something like "returning... from cache" then it's not using the cache

The structurer is stored in my project, in the default location.

I have checked logs/locationmap.log and I found this:

DEBUG   (2008-09-16) 12:05.07:961   [core.modules.mapper.lm] (/
index.dispatcher.css): Locationmap cached location returned for hint:
resolve.panels.pelt-html.content value: PATH-TO-PROJECT/src/
documentation/resources//themes/pelt/panels/pelt-html.content.panel.xml

Pablo

--
Pablo Barrera
http://gsyc.es/~barrera/