forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using dispatcher contracts with a not html output
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:07:29 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 08:52 +0100, Pablo Barrera wrote:

>> I will try to get the dispatcher
>> working looking to the files you suggested.
>
> I personally have never worked with tei and I am not sure whether the
> dispatcher makes sense for tei. Maybe Ross can comment on this.

TEI is just an XML format. However, it's a very, very old XML format
(its roots are actually in SGML). Consequently, people expect to use it
in extremely varied ways.

I'd say the dispatcher is ideal as it allows content to be moved from
one place to another within the TEI document in order to accommodate for
strange requirements placed on the system by downstream XSL.

Having said that, coding it directly in the TEI plugin is quicker and
easier and could always be factored out into the dispatcher if it
actually needs to be.

Ross