forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Properties for contract (was Re: Dispatcher 1.0 - towards a stable version)
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:10:53 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 14:59 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> The first solution is fast to implement and seems quite clean. The
> downside is that we cannot use xml anymore. Which actually IMO is not
> that bad since maybe we start to use the actual forrest.properties.xml
> to configure contracts.
>
> The second solution is more complicated to implement since the
> aggregation has to be done in the DispatcherTransformer which does not
> feel right but we could use xml in the properties.
>
> Personally the cleaner solution is 1 but that would break downward
> compatible by a couple of contracts.
>
> WDYT?

I haven't thought long and hard about this. I'm going on your assessment
and my gut reaction.

I'd say go for option 1 because:

a) I like that it brings more configuration into the new properties system

b) you said it is easier to implement

c) we currently have no use case for using XML in the properties

d) if we find a use case for XML we can deal with it at that point (and
maybe implement the second solution by adapting the properties system to
allow XML)

Ross