forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Seed site, whiteboard or example?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:59:28 GMT
Our team are knocking together an instance of Forrest that will be used
to integrate content from many different sources.

The first two sources are MoinMoin and TEI, But it will eventually
include an RT ticket queue, SugarCRM, a popular CMS (yet to be
identified) and maybe a few other things.

The idea is that it becomes the central point for entry into these
disparate systems and will allow us to provide reports in one place.

I think this makes a good example site, there is nothing private about
all this and so I propose doing the work in Forrest SVN.

So where should I put it?

It's not really a seed site since it's fairly specific to our set of
tools. I'm not sure about it going into whiteboard as it will
(eventually) be a useful example of how to integrate many data sources
into one place. Perhaps we should have an examples section (outside of
the documentation as this is a full site that we want to use internally
with minimal effort - otherwise we won't bother to maintain it in Forrest)

View raw message