forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] [heads-up] merging our branch Cocoon-2.1
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 02:51:55 GMT
Gavin wrote:

> I installed VMWare, now I have a dedicated Windows with the Forrest Trunk
> installed (forrest_new). My other machine has the older currently working
> with windows version (forrest_old).

Just a note to ensure that you (and archive readers)
know that one does not need a separate machine to run
separate versions of Forrest. At least on UNIX-like systems.

In two different directories, do separate svn checkouts
of forrest trunk. Now "update" the "forrest_old" back to
that certain revision 'svn up -r######'.

In different shells, set $FORREST_HOME and $PATH to the
relevant version of forrest.

See the section "Multiple working copies":
http://forrest.apache.org/howto-dev.html#multiple

-David