forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Dispatcher 1.0 - towards a stable version
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 01:14:03 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> My initial plan is to reuse the code from whiteboard/dispatcher, conduct
> the needed changes to work with java contracts and add spring support.
> Any thoughts.

When we all talk about "Dispatcher" i thought that we were
talking about the whiteboard/plugins/o.a.f.plugin.internal.dispatcher
That is what i use and what the zone demos use.

I have never understood what the whiteboard/dispatcher code
is for.

There is a big concern that i should have raised before.
You have made the STAX jar a dependency, and your
whiteboard/dispatcher/README.txt mentions license issues.

Please see the legal-discuss mailing list over the last
couple of years. This has come up a few times, but sorry
i cannot recall the outcome.

Also see the recent Board report from Apache XML Commons
and their recent mailing lists.
They discussed that same problem and added an API
to xml-commons-external.

View raw message