forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: $rootFontFamily (was: PDF plugin update)
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:45:39 GMT
On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 09:43 +0300, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Den 16. sep. 2008 kl. 09.28 skrev Sjur Moshagen:
> 
> > Den 5. sep. 2008 kl. 20.35 skrev Thorsten Scherler:
> >
> >>> There are still two issues:
> >>>
> >>> $rootFontFamily - I have found no counterpart to this in the
> >>> dispatcher. The variable is used on the fo:root element, and sets  
> >>> the
> >>> default font family for the whole pdf document
> >>>
> >>> $versionFontFamily - the version info found in the skins are not
> >>> available in dispatcher as far as I could see. Perhaps this needs a
> >>> new template/contract?
> >>
> >> I need to review their usage in skins and will then see how we can  
> >> add
> >> them to the dispatcher.
> >
> > With the update to fop 0.95, the font family specification is  
> > working as planned (for me, at least, more testing needed). *Except*  
> > the two above in dispatcher :)
> >
> > $rootFontFamily is really problematic,
> 
> The lack of support for it, that is.
> 
> > because without it the body text will be left unchanged and  
> > untouched by the customisation. This means e.g. that in my texts, I  
> > now get the headings with proper characters/glyphs, whereas the body  
> > text is interspersed with #'s.
> >
> > It would be great if somebody could give me a hint on where fo:root  
> > is specified within the dispatcher pdf processing - it is definitely  
> > specified somewhere, since the final *.fo document is correct, and  
> > renders otherwise nicely into pdf.
> 
> By grepping after fo:root in whiteboard/plugins, I get the following  
> hits:
> 
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/resources/stylesheets/ 
> common/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/resources/stylesheets/fo/ 
> strip-dispatcher-remains.xsl
> rtf-output/src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples/minimal.fo
> 
> The first dispatcher hit (document2fo.xsl) does not seem to be used  
> AFAICT, the second is, well, the name is quite describing.
> 
> ...
> 
> Hm, sorry, I got fooled by the filename of the second dispatcher  
> match. strip-dispatcher-remains.xsl actually adds fo:root and some  
> other things:)
> 
> I'll try to add $rootFontFamily to it.

Perfect, I was on my way to track that down, but you have been
faster. :)

Nice work Sjur, keep it coming. 

salu2
-- 
Thorsten Scherler                                 thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java                      consulting, training and solutions


Mime
View raw message