forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r683540 - in /forrest/trunk: main/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/ main/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples-b/ site-author/
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:40:33 GMT
The final XInclude spec does not allow fragment identifiers. See

http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/

for more details, but the core is this:

"Fragment identifiers _must not_ be used; their appearance is a _fatal
error_."

Instead, fragments should be specified using a separate xpointer
attribute.

This change relates to the following points in the commit:

Den 7. aug. 2008 kl. 11.21 skrev crossley@apache.org:

> Added: forrest/trunk/main/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/
> samples-b/xinclude-explanation.xml
> +      <xi:include href="cocoon://samples-b/xinclude-input-
> sec3.xml#xpointer(/section/p)"/>

and

> Added: forrest/trunk/main/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/
> samples-b/xinclude.xml
> +      <xi:include href="cocoon://samples-b/xinclude-input-
> sec3.xml#xpointer(/section/p)"/>

In both cases the inclusion should be rewritten to:

<xi:include href="cocoon://samples-b/xinclude-input-sec3.xml"
xpointer="xpointer(/section/p)"/>

Another question is whether our XInclude processor is up-to-date with
the spec. I haven't tested that yet.

Sjur