forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: FOPNGSerializer, user-config and locationmaps
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:17:54 GMT
Den 18. aug. 2008 kl. 15.05 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

>> To sum up:
>>
>> 1. if the path is hardcoded in the sitemap, all is ok
>> 2. if the path is empty in the sitemap, all is ok
>> 3. if the path is looked up via lm, and a matching file is found(*),
>> the path returned is garbage
>> 4. if the path is looked up via lm, but no match is found, garbage is
>> returned instead of the empty string
>>
>> Both 3. and 4. returns:
>>
>> /usr/local/forrest/build/plugins/
>> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf/
>> pdf.user-config}
>
> do not pay much attention to what I recall but AFAIR the problem is
> that
> in the map:config block of the sitemap you just cannot use input
> modules.

It is defined within map:components, and there are other examples
within the same block, so I assumed this was fixed (I remember it
didn't use to work, but nowadays it should, see example below).

> You could try to define {properties:testing} and I guess that will not
> returning anything either.

Within the main sitemap of Forrest ($FORREST_HOME/main/sitemap.xmap)
the following is found:

       <map:transformer name="i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
         <catalogues default="common">
           <catalogue id="common" name="CommonMessages"
location="{properties:skins-dir}common/translations"/>
         </catalogues>
         <cache-at-startup>true</cache-at-startup>
       </map:transformer>

Note the {properties:} input module string in the @location. This is
working just fine, AFAICT. Which means that input modules ought to
work at the required place for the FOPNGSerializer as well.

> Sorry for not being a bigger help on this.

No problem - all feedback is useful and helping to bring this forward:)

Best regards,
Sjur