forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: To lm or not to lm - pdf
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 05:47:46 GMT
Den 23. aug. 2008 kl. 00.03 skrev Ross Gardler:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 15:48 +0300, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> In the main stylesheet for the transformation to fo, the
>>> following  lines caught my attention:
>>>
>>>   <xsl:include
>>>         href="helper-pdfoutline.xsl" />
>>>   <xsl:include
>>>         href="footerinfo.xsl" />
>>>   <xsl:include
>>>         href="lm://pdf.transform.helper.pageBreaks" />
>>>   <xsl:include
>>>         href="helper-pageNumber.xsl" />
>>>   <xsl:include
>>>         href="helper-commonElements.xsl" />
>>>   <xsl:include
>>>         href="helper-layout.xsl" />
>>>   <xsl:include
>>>         href="helper-xmpMetadata.xsl" />
>>>
>>> Only the third inclusion is using the locationmap.
>>>
>>> Is there any reason for this (no-)use of lm lookups, or could I
>>> rewrite the rest of the inclusions to use locationmap lookups?
>> I would say yes we should use the locationmap since that makes it
>> easy
>> overwritable. I reckon nobody came around to implement the
>> corresponding matches, feel
>> free to do so if you want.
>
> As I'm (probably) the one who did the transfer to LM in the first
> place I can't think of any reason why I did not do it using the LM.
> Quite possibly these were added after the LM tranfer and done by
> someone who didn't know how it worked.

It is very easy to change for all helper-* files, the LM match is
already defined. I have changed it locally, but since the same
stylesheet is now full of changes related to the ongoing work of
making the pdf plugin fully user configurable and i18n-ed, I haven't
commited the change yet. (Hm, I know, it is usually much better to
check in small amounts of edits than one gigantuous, but most of the
changes are interdependent, and checking in only some of them would
make the plugin non-functional in one or more areas; perhaps a
separate branch would have been better)

Best regards,
Sjur