forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Could Forrest use Hudson?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:27:30 GMT
Gavin wrote:
> Just wondering,
>
> Would Hudson [1] and its variety of Plugins [2] be of any use to Forrest?

I'm not at all sure. Most of the utility of Hudson is in managing
executble code. We have some code, but it is mostly XML and XSLT. What
little code we have has almost no tests - thus making the continuous
integration efforts rather pointless. Finally, we don't really have a
great deal of code that depends on other code.

I think our test sites on the zone do a great job of alerting us to
problems at an early stage.

Personally I'm -0 on this idea. Someone has to maintain it and set it up
- it won't be me ;-)

Ross