forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org output plugins license (Was: svn commit: r682286)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:43:23 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Gavin wrote:

>>> [ snip ]
>>> forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.OOo/reso
>>> urces/stylesheets/xdoc-to-odt.xsl   (with props)
>>> [ snip ]
>>> forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.OOo/src/
>>> documentation/content/xdocs/ODF_text_reference_v1.odt   (with props)
>>> [ snip ]
>>>
>>> Gavin, can you please clarify that you are able to
>>> commit those under the terms of your ASF Contributor
>>> License Agreement.
>>> http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
>>>
>>> If it is someone else's work then we need to be sure
>>> that its license terms enable you to add it, and we need
>>> to clearly note where it came from.
>>>
>>> If it is your own original work, then no problem.
>> The .xsl is mine, the .odt is a good reference for testing and is not mine ,
>> I should not have committed that and will remove it,
>
> I am concerned about that stylesheet. It seems that
> it is generated by some sort of external tool.
>
> Is that stylesheet provided by OpenOffice.org? If so,
> then wouldn't it be under the LGPL license?
>
> Ross, there is a similar situation with the old plugin
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.OpenOffice.org-output
> I wandered around svn history and it seems that there
> have not been any real changes to this plugin. I presume
> that means that no-one is using it.

All code in the output plugin is mine. There are no copyright issues.
However, it is not receiving active development and should be removed in
preference for Gavins work which is active it would seem (we will need
to vote though in case someone is using it).

Gavin, please ensure there is nothing useful in my original plugin for
your new one.

Ross