forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: XHTML2 as forrest internal
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:00:14 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:07 PM, David Crossley <> wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> If it were that simple we would have done it by now ;-)
>>> There have been a number of false starts on this. My own effort was
>>> aborted because a significant number of people in the community
>>> disagreed with my approach.
>> Wow. That is not my recollection. I thought that we had a
>> little try, confirmed that it would take a co-ordinated
>> approach, and left it for another day. I am talking about
>> the re-working of all sitemaps and stylesheets (including
>> plugins) to deal with XHTML2 internally, leaving everything
>> else (e.g. cocoon) as it already is.
>> Are you talking about something else, or do you recall
>> it differently?
> <blush> I reckon he's mostly referring to me:(

Not at all, there was considerable support for your position.

My comment is not a complaint, merely an observation that the approach
taken in my work was not universally accepted. I was trying to prevent
us going down the same road again without discussion first.

I'll get back to this thread when I have time to contribute to the
discussion (within 24 hours I hope)

View raw message