forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>
Subject input.wordpress (was Re: potential new plugin)
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 00:46:05 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Brian M Dube wrote:
>> I'd like to put the plugin in the whiteboard, but it has some
>> dependencies that we can't distribute. Perhaps it should be hosted
>> elsewhere, like the SourceForge project that Ross has set up for plugins.
>
> Preferably we can find a way to have it in our whiteboard.
>
> There have been lots of clarifications at legal-discuss
> recently.
>
> Would you be able to summarise your plugin here on
> forrest dev.

The plugin includes content from a WordPress blog directly from the
MySQL backend. The idea is to use existing infrastructure from the
(local) WordPress installation to post, edit, maintain, etc. and then
gather the content for publishing through the plugin. The administrative
interface (a possible security problem) is kept off the published site.

The dependencies thus far:

antlr-2.7.6.jar
asm-1.5.3.jar
asm-attrs-1.5.3.jar
backport-util-concurrent-3.0.jar
cglib-nodep-2.2.jar
commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-collections-3.1.jar
commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar
commons-lang-2.3.jar
commons-logging-1.1.jar
commons-pool-1.3.jar
dom4j-1.6.1.jar
dynadto-1.0.jar
ehcache-1.4.1.jar
hibernate-3.2.6.jar
jta.jar
log4j-1.2.11.jar
mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar
spring-2.5.4.jar
xom-1.0.jar

> The legal-discuss@ list wants to approach each use-case
> as it comes up. Perhaps we have a unique situation.

I haven't checked each license yet. I wanted to make sure the plugin
worked the way I expected before worrying about that too much. It could
use a few more eyes, but it does work.

I want to use the same approach for a Menalto Gallery 2 plugin that
allows the use of existing infrastructure for the administrative tasks
and then gathers the content for a static site.

If either of these plugins spark developer interest, let's see what we
can do about getting them in the whiteboard.

Brian