forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Plugin dependencies (Was: pdf plugin config locations)
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:01:29 GMT
Den 21. aug. 2008 kl. 10.06 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

>> QUESTIONS:
>>
>> Is this dependency acceptable?
>
> IMO yes, since the plugin is very small and thought a infrastructure
> code. Like you describe the alternative to implement it in the sitemap
> is cumbersome to maintain.

Are there other opinions? Do we need a vote before we tie ourselves to
this dependency?

>> How should it/can it be formalised?
>
> Not sure what you mean?

Whether it is possible to formalize the dependency, such that if the
pdf plugin is specified, forrest will automatically also include other
plugins the pdf plugin is dependent on. But if I remember past
discussions correctly, this isn't possible yet.

>> At least we need to update the seeds to include the
>> o.a.f.p.output.inputModule as well as the pdf plugin (new seeds only
>> include the pdf plugin).
>
> As I understand it you commit to the fresh-site forrest.properties
> files
> (skins/dispatcher) and the cron is doing the rest.

Ok, I'll update the fresh-site file.

>> Comments?
>
> Thanks for looking into this Sjur.

Thanks for the feedback.