forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Strange XPath problems when aggregating module.properties.properties
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:56:32 GMT
Thanks man, you saved my day!

Den 21. aug. 2008 kl. 10.16 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

> On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 10:00 +0300, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm getting very strange errors after I aggregated the output from
>> module.properties.properties, as suggested by Ross in [1].
>>
>> Here's briefly the history of my attempts, and the XPath behaviour:
>>
>> - first aggregation (in o.a.f.p.output.pdf/output.xmap):
>>
>> <map:aggregate element="site">
>>     <map:part src="cocoon://skinconf.xml"/>
>
> Hmm, skinconf? You know my opinion about dependencies to skinconf. If
> you use module.properties.properties the skinconf is obsolete. More
> since this plugin should adopt the new properties system.

This is the present setup of the pdf plugin. I'll try to find time to
clean the pdf plugin for dependencies on skinconfig, as soon as I have
the other issues working (ie proper i18n support, including font
specification in the project config file).
>> This is a simple XPath expression! I really do not understand what is
>> going on.
>
> Try the namespace. ;)

That did it :)

I was fooled by the xml returned by the properties module not having
an explicit namespace declaration:

<properties input-module="properties">
  <property name="conf" value="/Users/sjur/test/src/documentation/
conf/"/>
  <property name="content" value="/Users/sjur/test/src/documentation/
content/"/>
  <property name="content.xdocs" value="/Users/sjur/test/src/
documentation/content/xdocs/"/>
  <property name="context.home" value="/usr/local/forrest/main/webapp"/>
</properties>

Thanks for the help:)

Best regards,
Sjur