forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Open points for updating (was Re: Updating cocoon)
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:48:04 GMT
Hi devs,

the update process is getting smoothly and there only some open points

1) Finish $FORREST_HOME/etc/cocoon_upgrade update and synchronization
with the cocoon files -> David is mainly attending this

2) Decide about the depreciation issue while building forrest. Open is
the ForrestLogTargetFactory the other one I could remove. -> we need to
decide what we want to do (implement the functionality or live with the
message). I doubt that this depreciation will be solved in cocoon but
IMO that is the only place where it makes sense to solve it. Will write
a mail to cocoon dev.

3) Issues with the CLI caused by AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline see -> I submitted a patch but
would like to wait the feedback. For now I added the patched cocoon jar
to our libs but we need to get the patch into cocoon. I will take care
of this topic.

4) Testing the branch and merge it after vote -> it would be nice if
people can find time to test. The open issues will not influence the
testing so you can start now if you can.

Thorsten Scherler