forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject ODT - Specifying images to be zipped?
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 05:29:11 GMT
Hi All,

Some of you may have noticed I'm working on the Ooo output plugin.

I'm at a stage now where I need to specify all images used in an xdoc and
create entries for them as a zip:entry .

In OOo, the .odt document stores its images in a directory called Pictures.

Its easy to do this manually for a known image name and location.

e.g -

<zip:entry name="Pictures/icon.png"
src="cocoon://images/icon.png"></zip:entry>

or

<zip:entry name="Pictures/cocoon-project-logo.png"
src="http://cocoon.apache.org/images/cocoon-project-logo.png">
      </zip:entry>

both of the above will successfully store the image correctly. However they
are hard-coded and of course those images may not even be used by the .odt
file in question.

Another thing to consider is that a zip:entry is contained in a zip:archive
block.

<zip:archive>
<zip:entry name="blah" ...></zip:entry>
</zip:archive>

So I need a way to automatically create zip:entry blocks for images
referenced within the file. The file may or may not be local, and as far as
I can tell, we don't need to physically copy them anywhere, just reference
their current locations as a zip entry.

I tried also using wildcards, but it seems the ziparchiveserializer [1]
doesn't support it.

If anyone has any ideas, please shout up :) , it is something I am currently
working on so I will continue to look for a solution also.

Thanks

Gav...

[1] - http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/ziparchive-serializer.html