forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject Could Forrest use Hudson?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:39:05 GMT
Just wondering,

Would Hudson [1] and its variety of Plugins [2] be of any use to Forrest?

If so then we would need to decide where to install it, choices are :-

1. Hudson.zones.apache.org
2. forrest.zones.apache.org/Hudson
3. or my server [3].

I do not favour the first choice Hudson.zones at the moment as it is far too
overloaded as it is. That may be revisited if it moves to a better server.

I think forrest.zones would be a good choice, performance related I think we
should be ok as we don't do that much on it, however performance also
depends on other zones loads at the time.

If folks don't want 1 or 2 then I don't mind hosting it on my server. I'm
pretty sure it can handle it without any problems. I have another project
running on it currently and has been doing great, and devs are benefiting
greatly from some plugins such as PMD, FindBugs, Violations etc. Take a look
at the current project and click through to see some of the above plugins
reports and trends (e.g [4]). A benefit of this choice also is of course
some of the work is done in that we have a working installation already.

So, thoughts, useful or not, if so , where ?

Gav...

[1] - https://hudson.dev.java.net
[2] - http://hudson.gotdns.com/wiki/display/HUDSON/Plugins
[3] - http://16degrees.com.au/hudson