forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r673630 - /forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf/resources/stylesheets/helper-commonElements.xsl
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:37:12 GMT
Den 3. jul. 2008 kl. 14.01 skrev Sjur Moshagen:

> Den 3. jul. 2008 kl. 12.33 skrev Thorsten Scherler:
>
>> Hmm, not sure but did you try a xsl:import instead and not defining
>> the
>> variables again. That should work.
>
> Did try now - same result. To me this looks like something is
> blocking the include/import - this *ought to* work. I'm out of ideas
> at the moment.

This is clearly a bug somewhere. According to the specs, the included
(and also imported) stylesheet should in effect be treated as if it
where part of the text of the including stylesheet:

"The inclusion works at the XML tree level. The resource located by
the href attribute value is parsed as an XML document, and the
children of the xsl:stylesheet element in this document replace the
xsl:include element in the including document."[1]

But the behaviour observed is not in accordance with this.

Also, it seems that only variable and param definitions are affected -
regular template rules work as they should.

Sjur

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#include