forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: pdf plugin config locations
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 09:01:28 GMT
Thanks Ross for the thorough reply - it helped a lot:)

Den 5. jul. 2008 kl. 04.38 skrev David Crossley:

> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>>>
>>> 1. what is the best place to store default values for the plugin?
>>
>> PLUGIN_HOME/default.plugin.properties.xml
>>
>>> 2. where should the user specify default overrides?
>>> forrest.properties.xml?
>>
>> yes.
>>
>> Use a naming convention unique to the plugin, e.g.
>> pdfOutput.fontFamily
>> to avoid naming conflicts
>
> So lets standardise completely at "pluginType.pluginName.property",
> e.g.
> output.pdf.fontFamily
> internal.dispatcher.caching
> input.projectInfo.project.fullname

+1

I will use the following:

output.pdf.fontFamily.serif
output.pdf.fontFamily.sansSerif
output.pdf.fontFamily.monospace

There might be use cases where the user wants to have a more fine-
grained control of the font family specified, ie for the different
text types (note, warning, tables, etc), but that is one step further.
I'll first try to make this work.

I'm very soon off for a 4-week vacation - if I don't make it now, I'll
continue afterwards.

Best regards,
Sjur