forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r673630 - /forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf/resources/stylesheets/helper-commonElements.xsl
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:29:08 GMT
Den 3. jul. 2008 kl. 15.12 skrev Thorsten Scherler:

> On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 12:26 +0300, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Anybody able to help me? I thought that the following in document-to-
>> fo.xsl:
>>
>>   <xsl:variable
>>         name="sans-serif"
>>         select="'sans-serif'" />
>>   <xsl:variable
>>         name="serif"
>>         select="'serif'" />
>>   <xsl:variable
>>         name="monospace"
>>         select="'monospace'" />
>>   <xsl:include
>>         href="helper-commonElements.xsl" />
>>

>> would automatically make the variables/params (I have tested both, no
>> difference) available to helper-commonElements.xsl, but no. How come?
>
> Hmm, I do not understand.

forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf/resources/
stylesheets/document-to-fo.xsl

does already contain an inclusion of helper-commonElements.xsl, as
showed above. I didn't see any other place where helper-
commonElements.xsl would be included or called, thus I thought that by
adding the variables to document-to-fo.xsl would make them available
also to helper-commonElements.xsl. But I was apparently mistaken:)

> BUT:
> On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 10:08 +0000, Forrestbot@forrest.zones.apache.org
> wrote:
> [java]
> file:/export/opt/forrest-trunk/build/plugins/
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf/resources/stylesheets/helper-
> commonElements.xsl; Line #35; Column #94;
> org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Could not find
> variable with the name of sans-serif
>>     [java] X [0]
> samples-b/sample.pdf      BROKEN: dispatcherError: 500 - Internal
> server
> error
>>     [java] The contract "content-main" has thrown an exception by
> resolving the implementation from
> "cocoon://resolve.contract.fo.content-main".
>>     [java]
>>     [java] dispatcherErrorStack:
>>     [java] org.apache.forrest.dispatcher.DispatcherException: 500 -
> Internal server error
>>     [java] component: ContractBean
>>     [java] message:
>>     [java] Could not setup transformer in the contractBean.
>>     [java] Please check that the contract implementation is
> wellformed and valid!
>>     [java]
>>     [java] One reason that an implementation may not be valid is that
> you are using variables that cannot be resolved.
>>     [java] Please see the logs and the sysout for more information,
> you may are see right away the error.
>

> Reading this error it seems that there is a logical error.

I agree, but I can't see where...

> The contract "content-main" is not defining this variables neither do
> helper-commonElements.xsl this explains why the forrestbot fails.

Are you saying that helper-commonElements.xsl is called/included
*outside of* or *independent from* document-to-fo.xsl? That would of
course explain the behaviour.

My ultimate goal is to move the whole font-family specification to a
configuration file (skinconf + the relevant place for dispatcher -
where would that be?), but I wanted to make sure that the variables
were working fine before I took the next step.

Best regards,
Sjur