forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Sina K. Heshmati" <s...@khakbaz.com>
Subject Re: Addressing FOR-652 CSS cleanup
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:05:02 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Sina K. Heshmati wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

>> > Speaking personally, I'll try and answer when I can, but CSS is not
>> > really my thing.
>> >
>> > That being said, Thorsten and Gav have both expressed an interest in the
>> > issue on Jira, so I'd guess that (assuming they have the time) they'd be
>> > happy to help out.
>> >
>> > Of course, others, like myself, will help wherever we can. Do you need a
>> > specific starting point beyond what is in the issue comments?
>> >

>> Thorsten's comment on the issue is already helpful: "The task involved are:
>> 1) reduce css files (merge the files)
>> 2) rename css elements and the corresponding structurer hooks/contracts."
>>
>> It would be handy if Gavin and Thorsten shared how they would start so as to
>> divide the problem into a few subproblems.
>
> I expect that we first need to define the set of names that we want.
> If i remember correctly, there was some discussion in our dev
> list archives, but not completed. Also we need to search the
> net as there are probably other people who have already addressed
> this "page element naming" issue. It would be good to use standard
> names where possible.

Using common names as much as possible is indeed the right choice as long as the semantics
are preserved. For now, we can focus on the markup produced by the Dispatcher and adapt the
CSS stylesheets accordingly. The captures of the current generated markup are uploaded to
the issue tracker so as to make things as easy and clear as possible.

-Sina