forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject new committer and PMC member: Jeremias Maerki
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:47:18 GMT
The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Forrest
has asked Jeremias Maerki to become a committer and
member of the PMC, and we are pleased to announce that
he has accepted.

Jeremias has been around Forrest for some time and has helped a great
deal in improving our support of PDF generation. As a committer on the
FOP project he is better placed than most of us to track changes with
FOP and we hope that his committership here will make it easier for him
to ensure Forrest correctly renders the FOP test documents and thus
correctly renders all Forrest content in PDF form.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the
project since there is no need to go via the patch
submission process. This should enable better productivity.
Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management
and to guide the direction of the project.

Welcome Jeremias.

Ross Gardler
(on behalf of the Forrest PMC)