forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Placement of common libs (was Re: Decouple fo from skinconf (was Re: svn commit: r618400 ))
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:39:11 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

>>> - the create a branch pdf_plugin_03
>>
>> Why? We haven't created a branch for any other plugin.
>> Don't branch until we really need to.
>
> This was just to have the option of updating and releasing the plugin
> easily.

Why not do what I suggested. Tag the trunk and create a branch if we
need it.

>> Tagging the trunk is a good idea. We should add that
>> to our plugin development procedure howto doc.
>
> Does tagging mean that we mark the release where 0.3 changes to 0.4 and
> would be able to branch from there easily one there are updates to the
> stylesheets?

Yes, although if we want to be pedantic we are tagging the state 0.3
plugin was in when it was released.

SVN is a time machine. At any point you can go back in time and create a
branch from that moment. You do this with revision numbers. Tagging is
just a convenient was of marking important revisions.

Ross