forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Placement of common libs (was Re: Decouple fo from skinconf (was Re: svn commit: r618400 ))
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:39:47 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>> OK, so I'll wait for Johannes to finish his tests, fix what
>> needs to be fixed then
>>
>> - copy the missing libs into the plugin, publish it as 0.3
>>   requiring Forrest 0.8
>
> And deploy/release it before moving on with code.

yes, of course.

>> - the create a branch pdf_plugin_03
>
> Why? We haven't created a branch for any other plugin.
> Don't branch until we really need to.

This was just to have the option of updating and releasing
the plugin easily.

> It would be better to get moving with core 0.9 release.

 From my own experience I think that people will not always
be able to follow us to a new release even if it was
released soon.

That's why I wanted to keep the option of updating the
plugin for 0.8

> Tagging the trunk is a good idea. We should add that
> to our plugin development procedure howto doc.

Does tagging mean that we mark the release where 0.3 changes
to 0.4 and would be able to branch from there easily one
there are updates to the stylesheets?

Best regards,
Ferdinand Soethe