forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: Please don't top post - (Re: Decouple fo from skinconf (was Re: svn commit: r618400 ))
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:44:17 GMT
Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 16:50 +0100, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>> I guess Ross was referring to me. Had to look up "top post"
>> to know that he was referring to excessive quoting.
>
> Hmm, you both doing it. ;)
>
> Top post means (as I understand it) to add your answer to the top and
> the rest of the mails follows as it. The last post of you both had first
> thing your post, not as e.g. this answer where I "answer in context".

Sorry, I got it wrong.
I thought Ross referred to e-mails out of the thread

> The problem is with top post is that if you give an answer one has to
> search the context (rest of the mail) to understand what is going on.

I'll try to improve ;-)
Johannes

--
User Interface Design GmbH, Ludwigsburg (Germany)
Phone/Fax  +49 7141 37700-46/-99, Mobile +49 170 4914567

Offices:
Martin-Luther-Stra├če 57-59, D-71636 Ludwigsburg
Truderinger Strasse 330, D-81825 Muenchen
Friedrichsring 46, D-68161 Mannheim
Hansastra├če 7-11, 44137 Dortmund

Legal information according to EHUG:
User Interface Design GmbH; Managing Directors: Dr. Claus Goerner,
Franz Koller; Head office: Ludwigsburg; Commercial register of the
local court of Stuttgart, Germany, HRB 205519

+++
UID auf der CeBit 2008: Erleben Sie User Experience Management!
Stand A20 "UX08" in Halle 9.
http://www.uid.com/cebit2008
+++