forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pdf-plugin with fop .94 - can sbdy please help?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:59:00 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>> Actually I regret having moved them back.
>> If we do, the plugin won't work with Forrest 0.8 w/o manual
>> copying of libraries.
>>
>> Therefore I'd suggest to move them back into the plugin-in
>> dir at least until Forrest 0.9 is released.
>>
>> wdyt?
>
> Not clear what you mean. I am talking about two copies of
> "commons logging" ...
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/branches/UpdateFOPto094/lib/core/
>
> -David
>
>> David Crossley wrote:
>>> There are now copies of at least "commons-logging" jars.

Yes I know. And both issues are related.

fop requires the newer version of that lib and Forrest used
the older version so I was not sure what happended if I
removed it. I simply figured that two differently named
versions of a library could coexist.

How does library calling work inside. Does the caller know
which version it needs an call the right library if there is
more than one?

Best regards,
Ferdinand Soethe