forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: How to merge FOP94-branch
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:49:27 GMT
David Crossley schrieb:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>>
>>> - merge all changes
>> You should merge changes from the whole trunk into branch first and then
>> test. If all goes well you can merge back into trunk. This step is not
>> required but sometimes it sometimes highlights a change in trunk that
>> affects your changes in the branch.

I now did a dry run to merge all changes from HEAD to r601867 into the
branch -- no problems here. Should I commit this merge into the branch?

> I see that Ferdinand and Johannes are doing piecemeal changes
> to the branch. I reckon that you would do better to follow
> Ross' advice. Remember that we got into big trouble one time
> and couldn't later merge to trunk.

I just applied that one patch which was important for testing.

Ferdinand touched very few files (namely in skins/commion/xslt/fo and
lib/core), so, he might as well apply these changes to HEAD.

What if Ferdinand manages to contain everything in the PDF/FOP-plugin?

Thanks and Cheers!
Johannes

--
User Interface Design GmbH, Ludwigsburg, Germany
Phone/Fax  +49 7141 37700-46/-99, Mobile +49 170 4914567

Offices:
Martin-Luther-Stra├če 57-59, D-71636 Ludwigsburg
Truderinger Strasse 330, D-81825 Muenchen
Friedrichsring 46, D-68161 Mannheim
Hansastra├če 7-11, 44137 Dortmund

Legal information according to EHUG:
User Interface Design GmbH; Managing Directors: Dr. Claus Goerner,
Franz Koller; Head office: Ludwigsburg; Commercial register of the
local court of Stuttgart, Germany, HRB 205519