forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest.properties vs forrest.properties.xml
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:37:30 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Actually doing a wee bit research I wonder why we are not using the
> properties dtd from sun:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd">
> <properties>
>     <entry key="plugin.TestPlugin">com.plugin.test.TestPluginModule</entry>
>     <entry key="messages.TestPlugin">TestPluginMessages.properties</entry>
> </properties>
>
> This has the benefit to do a
> Properties properties = new Properties();
> try {
>     InputStream xmlStream = getClass().getResourceAsStream("forrest.properties.xml");
>     if( xmlStream == null ) {
>          //throw some error
>     }
>     properties.loadFromXML(xmlStream);
> } catch (IOException exception) {
>     // throw exception
> }

Sure. Please ensure that you use a Public Identifier and
configure our schema catalog. Just follow some other
examples and we do have some docs somewhere.

Can we re-distribute that DTD? (No time to look sorry,
going away now for weekend. Perhaps legal-discuss archives.)
I sure hope so, we don't want to hit their server for
every parse of an xml instance.

[OT a bit] By the way, did everyone see:
http://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2008/02/08/w3c_s_excessive_dtd_traffic
"W3C Systeam's blog - W3C's Excessive DTD Traffic"

At Forrest we have been pretty good in this regard.

-David