forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject dispatcher contracts default properties (was Re: RT: Storage of Properties)
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:30:31 GMT
> >  Meaning each contract would have publish his
> > own original properties
>
> No, contracts do not have default properties. They are coming from the
> structurer.

Actually due to the nature of contracts that is very much possible and
actually will save some processing time if it is practice.

Imaging e.g. the branding-css-links contract, right now we always await
an input but since this is a common contract it could provide his
default properties.

Instead of:
<xsl:param name="branding-css-links-input"/>
we can do something like:
<xsl:variable name="default">
 <css url="common.css"/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:param name="branding-css-links-input" select="$default"/>
and in the default structurer we will have:
<forrest:contract name="branding-css-links"/>
since we do not override nothing we will save some processing (which is
very good).

salu2