forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RT: Storage of Properties
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:30:19 GMT
On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 20:44 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 18:43 +0100, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> > Let me know if this is completely off track, but I'm
> > thinking about how best to store properties
> > with so many different components needing to store and
> > access properties.
>
> Actually what you describe already exists and we are using it. The core
> is:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/main/java/org/apache/forrest/conf/ForrestConfModule.java

Actually we are ignoring for a while a decision about the way to go for
the core. We either update to current 2.2 with all the problems that
will be caused (pass-trough sitemap capability is gone ATM - meaning
rethinking of our current architecture for core and plugins) or commit
to e.g. forrest2.

If we commit to current 2.2 the usual configuration looks like:
http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurator/1.0/1310_1_1.html

salu2