forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with fop94 locating an aart-image
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:54:05 GMT
On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 21:08 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> My prior hack to <xsl:value-of select="@src"/> did not work because it
> seems the resulting document is ignoring the servlet context and use the
> relative path from himself.

But http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread84856.html gives the
impression that it should work.

Fueled by http://marc.info/?l=fop-dev&m=100719308626996&w=2
"If you want a relative URI, why not just use a relative URI?  I.e.,
src="config/isappdev/applications/RVWebApp1/WEB-INF/lib/ClinTrialLogoGreenBig.gif"?
Then the current protocol, host, and directory will be used as the base URI
and the relative URI interpreted relative to that."

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fo.html#external-resources
"URIs may be either absolute or relative to a base URI.
(See FOP: Configuration for information on setting the base
URI for a FOP session). Here is an example referencing
an external-graphic that is relative to the base URI:
<fo:external-graphic src="url('images/logo.jpg')"/>"
"

If you use the url() then I get "Could not find function: url" since
this in not a standard xsl 1 function.

> The problem as I understand it is that
> <fo:external-graphic src="$absoluteUrl"/> needs an absolute url to
> resolve the image.

http://www.nabble.com/Help!-URI-for-fo:external-graphic-in-web-service-td14657418.html

"XSL-FO prescribes that only a
URI is allowed. To go from a filepath to a URI you should rewrite it
something like "file:///c:/project/scr/certificate.gif" (note the
forward slashes!)."

Our image does not exist in the file system, only via http://

salu2