forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrForrest
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:40:13 GMT
On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 16:52 -0500, Charlie Rose wrote:
> > I guess you are using forrest 0.8, right?
>

> forrest 0.9

svn trunk, ok.

> > Do you use the plugin with the dispatcher or with skins?
> >

> I am pretty new to Forrest. I've gone through documentation relating
> to this but don't have a handle on it yet.

if you do:
cd whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr
forrest run

You will see the dispatcher contracts in action at
http://localhost:8888/index.html

>  I've built the plugin, added it to required plugins, copied the jar
> to the web app, and I know I am successfully calling through to my
> solr server.

You normally just do
cd MY_PROJECT
forrest war

This will generate all needed files and add it to a war.

> i would like to add the forrest:contracts and have the buttons in the
> action bar, but documentation doesn't adequately specify which files
> those need to be added to and my knowledge doesn't cover the gaps yet.
> I find-grepped forrest:contract and only found a few examples deep
> within skins that don't even appear to be active (leather-dev where
> the active skin is pelt).

No, if you want to use the dispatcher then you cannot use skins (is
either or). The leather-dev is not working, it was the intend to
incorporate the dispatcher in skin, but this did not work.
DO NOT USE leather-dev.

If you did the above (forrest run on the plugin) you can see how the
dispatcher is working.

The style is controlled by
whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/src/documentation/resources/structurer/url/pelt.fv
which imports
whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/resources/themes/common/panels/solrbar.panel.xml
There we use the solr contracts which you can find in
whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr/resources/themes/common/html
The search contract is solr-search.ft.