forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help with PhotoGallery plugin
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:15:17 GMT
On Jan 18, 2008 11:57 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:

> Thomas Witteriede wrote:
> > I tried to create an album using the photogallery plugin but the
> > thumbnails and "small" images are not rendered (file size 0 bytes). Is
> > there something wrong with my environment (WinXP, Java 1.5_11)?
>
> I vaguely remember some issues with the photoGallery plugin on WinXP. I
> just tested it and find that none of the resized images work on that
> platform (not recently tested on Linux).
>
> Please have a look through our issue tracker for any known bugs and, if
> you can't find any please report this as a bug.
>
> If you have any Java skills please join us on the dev list and we'll
> guide you through how it works.
>
> Ross

Yeah, this is in JIRA though the comments are somewhat confusing.
 Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Windows box as I've recently gone
all apple - where it works as expected.  Maybe I can help if someone can
update the JIRA issue with the latest/real stack trace?  Anyway, I'm
wondering if it might be because we're not closing things out properly.
 Maybe someone with a windows machine can try adding in the cleanup for the
variants (e.g. imgOut.flush(); writer.dispose; imgOut.close(); )

I'll eventually try to set up my mac to run windows too but I want to hook
up time machine first and, unfortunately, that's not happening soon.

--tim