forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugins and dependend code
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:18:35 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>> I believe that when I originally extracted the FOP stuff there was no
>> mechanism for plugins to provide their own libraries. I/We must have
>> forgotten to retrofit this to the FOP plugin. Go ahead and move them over.
>
> Ross means PDF in that last line.
>
> Similarly with stylesheets. Perhaps we left some stuff in the
> core which should be in the plugin. PDF was one of our first plugins.

I left the FO stylesheepts in core because I always intended to move
them into their own plugin. But then I realised this would cause a
dependency and so we needed to build a dependency management frameowork.

Chickens and eggs.

You can move the FO into the PDF plugin, however, this will stop the RTF
plugin working - no big problem there, it hasn't worked for ages and is
in whiteboard anyway. Just add a note to the RTF docs that it is
dependant on the PDF plugin and that if anyone makes it work the they
should consider migrating the FO into a separate plugin.

Ross