forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugins and dependend code
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:05:19 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 5:53 AM, Ferdinand Soethe <ferdinand@apache.org> wrote:
>> Working on the FOP-Update I started wondering, why
>> stylesheets and libraries for the pdf-output-plugin are
>> placed in core instead of the plugin directory.
>>
>> If it was placed in the plugin-dir one could easily change
>> back between fop 0.2 and fop 0.94 by simple changing the
>> line in forrest.properties.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this. Can a plugin have it's own libraries?
>
> I reckon just drop the jar in a /lib directory of the plugin.  The
> plugin template seems to already account for it.  Sounds like the
> right thing to do too.

I believe that when I originally extracted the FOP stuff there was no
mechanism for plugins to provide their own libraries. I/We must have
forgotten to retrofit this to the FOP plugin. Go ahead and move them over.

Note, it was always my intention to create FO plugin too. However, this
would create a plugin dependency of PDF -> FO and we don't support that
yet. For now I'd say the FO stuff can go in the PDF plugin, it's not
used anywhere else (although be sure to do a full site build to test
that my memory is not failing me).

Ross