forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to merge FOP94-branch
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:59:34 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> We are almost there. The branch with FOP 94 is running
> smoothly and I'm planning to merge it back by the end of
> this week.

Cool!

> So here is what I'll do:
>
> - change version number of pdf-plugin in the branch to 0.3

- change required Forrest version number (but see below)

> - merge all changes

You should merge changes from the whole trunk into branch first and then
test. If all goes well you can merge back into trunk. This step is not
required but sometimes it sometimes highlights a change in trunk that
affects your changes in the branch.

> - create an instruction file for using the new fop in 0.8
>   by changing the plugin in properties to 0.3,
>   adding the required libraries and replace the style sheets

If there are manual install steps needed I don't think it's a good idea
to claim that FOP is supported in 0.8 (hence change the minimal forrest
version). We don't want support requests for this so it should be
confident users only.

This will mean the autodownload will not work for this plugin and the
user will need to perform all steps manually including downloading the
plugin manually.

Ross