forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xdoc format
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:23:00 GMT
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am going to start developing a system using apache forrest. Rigth
> now, I am interesting in xdoc 2.0 format.
>
> There is some information in the website [1], but I haven't found yet
> any document regarding an specification of the use of each element
> (almost all of them are quite clear, but not all...)
>
> Where can I found more information about xdoc format?

You were almost there, in a sub-menu item where you found [1] you will
also find [2], which is a document that illustrates all alements in XDoc2.

You can view the XDoc source for this file in your Forrest installation
or via [3]

The DTD for XDoc is also available in your Forrest install. [4] provides
information about how to use this DTD in your favourite editor.

> Will Apache
> forrest continue using this format?

Yes, and no.

For a very long time we have been planning to move to a subset of
XHTML2. However, this is a major change in Forrest and requires a great
deal of work. Consequently, it has been on hold for a long time.

However, XDoc has been migrating to this XHTML2 subset for some time and
is, today, almost identical.

If/When we finally move to the XHTML2 subset we will continue to support
XDoc for backward compatibility.

Ross

[2] http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.html
[3] http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.xml