forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject wholesite and locationmap (was: "<all_site/> fails with "(Is a directory)" broken link?" from user list)
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:22:37 GMT
Hi!

For me the broken wholesite.* is a show-stopper to upgrade our projects
to v0.8/HEAD.

Also, I'm currently finalizing an article about technical documentation
with Forrest (for tekom [1], the German prof. assoc. for technical
writers). One of the key features to create "a book" is the wholesite.

So, I started digging into FOR-733 but I'm not even sure that the
locationmap is working for me (0.8 and HEAD).

In a newly seeded site the link at the bottom of

   http://localhost:8888/samples1/locationmap/index.html

is *not* rewritten but points to "lm:rewrite.index" which gives a
browser error (sth. like "protocol 'lm' unknown).

Do I need to "activate" the locationmap somewhere?
Do I need to add some matches to sitemap.xmap?

As I gathered from
   http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_90/locationmap.html
the project's locationmap in
   ...\fseed-HEAD\src\documentation\content
should handle all requests that do not have a physical file present
within the project (folder "xdoc").

Is that so? I.e. adding

     <match pattern="my-lm-file.xml">
       <location src="index.xml"/>
     </match>

would resolve the request "http://localhost:8888/my-lm-file.html" and
finally deliver from "index.xml"?

Thanks in advance!
Johannes

[1] http://www.tekom.de/

--
User Interface Design GmbH, Ludwigsburg, Germany
Phone/Fax  +49 7141 37700-46/-99, Mobile +49 170 4914567

Offices:
Martin-Luther-Stra├če 57-59, D-71636 Ludwigsburg
Truderinger Strasse 330, D-81825 Muenchen
Friedrichsring 46, D-68161 Mannheim

Legal information according to EHUG:
User Interface Design GmbH; Managing Directors: Dr. Claus Goerner,
Franz Koller; Head office: Ludwigsburg; Commercial register of the
local court of Stuttgart, Germany, HRB 205519