forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <>
Subject Re: Windows-Installer for Forrest
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:46:25 GMT
After some playing around I created the attached script.
You simply point it to the Forrest home dir (need text to
say so) and it creates explorer context menu items to seed,
run and compile a project.

It still needs the license screen but that is not my point.

What I'm trying to show is:

- We wouldn't need to package all of Forrest in the
  installer. Enclosed script could be in Forrest root
  and Docs could instruct user to execute it once
  Forrest is unzipped.

  (I'd say if unzipping is beyond our user then this won't
   be the last problem they would have with Forrest)

- With a small modification this installer could be
  generic and would not require a change with every release.

- In addition we could create a second installer that lives
  and is executed by "Forrest seed" and creates Start-Menu
  items for runinng and compiling the seeded project.

  With that we could actually do away with the context menu
  items run and comile and just keep seed.

Best regards,
Ferdinand Soethe

View raw message