forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows-Installer for Forrest
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 09:34:30 GMT
Great. I think this is a great idea and long overdue.

Where can I look up the documentation for the nsi-language?

> - Copies forrest 0.8 to the program directory (C:\Program
>   Files)

As far as I gather that name of the program-directory is
language specific and becomes C:\pogramme in german Windows?

> The installation is based on the zip-file for forrest-0.8
> and results in a total size of 23.088.307 Bytes (slightly
> *smaller*
> than the original zip file).

Does it have to become a compiled exe or could it simply
work with the Forrest zip?

Some first comments:

- I'd rather not set FORREST_HOME as a permanent
  environment variable but rather set it in the batch-file
  that starts forrest. That also makes it possible to have
  separate versions of forrest installed.

- To simplify working with projects I can contribute a
  solution that created a context menu item for directories
  in the windows explorer. That way you simply right-click
  any project directory and select menu items such as
  "forrest 0.8 run", "forrest 0.8 compile" etc.

Best regards,
Ferdinand Soethe