forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r609838 - /forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/zone.xml
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:44:27 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> Thanks for doing this. I tried actually reverting the patch by going back to
> the previous revision for this file, then SVN wouldn't let me commit it :(
>
> I need to get a handle on reverting properly, only thing works for me at
> present is overwriting and committing again, bit of a waste.
>
> Gav...(on my way to redbean)

Here is what i did:

svn merge -r 602662:602661 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk

Then edited the file to manually add a similar comment for
the other httpd re-start info. Then commit.

Practice this with other files. Then use 'svn revert'.
Or you can use the 'svn merge --dry-run ...' option.