forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: Plans for integrating FOP .94
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:59:48 GMT

Ferdinand Soethe schrieb:
> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Yes, the layout became messed up but this may (hopefully!) be fixed
>> on XSL level.
>
> I think this will be possible. Will take care of that the
> next few weeks.
>
>>> Btw: The update did not fix FOR-413. Things got worse. Next
>> I'm not so pessimistic ... at least I do not get any "infinite loop"
>> errors any more---which is a big improvement!
>>
>> I just tried out the test project and all pages seem to work!
>
> Hmmm. After a restart I'm now getting the images that were
> broken before (even though they seem to be a page too far).

When we test for the "infinite loop" we frequently need to restart
Forrest. I believe this is because of Cocoon caching.

> But I'm not getting an image in GIF-Image (OK), are you?

I do. But it's barely visible: watch out for a page with a hand-drawn
line across the middle of the page ;-)  The image seems to be centered.

--> Just read Jeremias' reply: I got Jimi in "lib\optional".
  Thought this was needed for PNG support and GIFs work out of the box.
  How things change ;-)

>> The images that are too high are cut off at the end and no scaling is
>> applied as before, even not to wide images.
>
> Yes, I can see them being cut off. Which is probably going
> to remain that way since we cannot determine the rendered
> size of the image in the style sheet. So a mode like switch
> to scaling when image is too big would have to be done by
> FOP, right?

I don't know how this worked before but wide images were scaled down to
fit the page. Even better: to fit into a table cell. This is important
because all (sDocBook) figures are put inside a table.

This would be a job for FOP and rather not for the -2-fo transformation.

Cheers
Johannes

--
User Interface Design GmbH, Ludwigsburg, Germany
Phone/Fax  +49 7141 37700-46/-99, Mobile +49 170 4914567

Offices:
Martin-Luther-Stra├če 57-59, D-71636 Ludwigsburg
Truderinger Strasse 330, D-81825 Muenchen
Friedrichsring 46, D-68161 Mannheim

Legal information according to EHUG:
User Interface Design GmbH; Managing Directors: Dr. Claus Goerner,
Franz Koller; Head office: Ludwigsburg; Commercial register of the
local court of Stuttgart, Germany, HRB 205519

+++
We have moved to new premises: As of October 15, you will find the UID head
office at Martin-Luther-Strasse 57-59 * 71636 Ludwigsburg.
+++