forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plans for integrating FOP .94
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2007 22:18:17 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I'm planning to integrate the latest released version of fop
> (.94) into trunk to solve FOR-413 and improve pdf-generation
> in general. (A patch for .8 will also be provided later on.)
>
> Since fop .94 is much closer to the standard, I will also
> have to modifiy the transformation to xsl-fo in the
> pdf-output-plugin.
>
> Since switching to fop .94 will probably break
> pdf-generation, I'm planning on working on this in my local
> copy until I have roughly restored previous functionality
> (rather than creating a branch).
>
> Any comments, suggestions?

All work should be done in a branch. People can then see what you are up
to and provide assistance, point out potential problems etc.

It's much easier for us to review the work if it is done piece by piece.
besides other people need better PDF generation (myself included). If
time allows those people will be able to help (although to be honest,
I'm unlikely to help given my time schedule at present).

Ross