forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Sina K. Heshmati" <s...@khakbaz.com>
Subject Re: Using javax.xml.xpath
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:54:23 GMT
Thorsten Scherler said:

> On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 19:45 +0100, Sina K. Heshmati wrote:
>> Thorsten,
>>
>> I've written a contract that generates an issue summary.
>
> How does this contract look like?

Here's the plugin code [2]. The contract is called 'baetle-issue-summary' and can be found
in [3].

>> The result should be dispatched in the sidebar but it fails because it cannot
>> create a node --poor XPath support [1].
>
> How do you call it in your structurer?

<forrest:hook name="sidebar">
  <forrest:contract name="baetle-issue-summary"
                    dataURI="cocoon://#{$getRequest}.issueSummary.xml"/>
</forrest:hook>

Notes:
(1) The hook is arbitrarily called 'sidebar' and is just an example, however a less generic
name e.g. 'baetleIssue' is preferred.

(2) The contract now uses the node generated by the wrapping hook to identify the target node.

> Can you please outline what are you trying to do?

Now, the dispatcher selects the wrong target node, e.g. right before </body> as a place
to insert the chunk generated by the contract, which is not the desired behaviour. In other
words, how can I have my content appear wherever I want and keep the structurer as clean as
possible?

-SinDoc

>> [1] http://marc.info/?l=forrest-dev&m=118803688000385&w=2
[2]https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12371418/FOR-1038-baetle-20071211-03.zip
[3] ${PLUGIN_HOME}/resources/themes/common/html/
[4] ${PLUGIN_HOME}/src/documentation/resources/structurer/url/samples/bissues/pelt.fv